Mulch Services in Germantown, TN
Mulch is very commonly used in residential and commercial landscaping projects across Tennessee. Landscaping mulch is a great way to ensure that the soil which lies underneath it is well protected. This acts as an ideal shield against harsh weather and climatic changes. We at Lawn & Garden Landscaping provide excellent Mulching services to customers across Germantown, TN, and the surrounding areas as well.
Benefits of Mulch
There are several benefits to mulching such as:
- Moisture- Wood mulch helps retain moisture in the soil. Good cedar mulch can significantly slow down the rate of water evaporation from the soil in your landscape. This helps ensure your lawn and plantings get the amount of moisture they need thrive.
- Fewer Weeds- When you have healthier plants and grasses, that acts as a deterrent for weeds and you will find that your garden and lawn space looks much better and it adds to the sustainability of your plantings.
- Temperature- Landscape mulch helps maintain a median soil temperature. It prevents the soil from heating up too much in the summer months and protects it from the frost in the winter.
- Source of Nutrients- When you use natural mulch like pine or cedar that eventually breaks down and provides nutrition to the soil it is spread on. Not only does it add nutrients to the soil but helps improve the soil’s structure as well.
Types of Mulches
While there are synthetic mulches available on the market, we encourage the use of natural mulches such as:
- Pine Needle Mulch- This is very lightweight, and the water can seep easily into the soil underneath. It’s especially advantageous when used on slopes and when there is heavy rain.
- Cypress Mulch- This has a unique appearance and fresh scent when it’s initially installed, and it provides a good amount of protection to the landscape.
- Cedar Mulch- This mulch is made from the cedar tree’s bark and you can choose between chipped and shredded variants. It’s very long–lasting mulch and you won’t have to replenish it for a number of years.
- Cocoa Bean Hull Mulch- extremely luxurious-looking mulch, its dark brown color looks akin to soil and it never bleaches out. It attracts earthworms to your yard, and this helps fertilize and aerate your soil.
Custom Mulching Services
We have extensive experience in the industry and can provide you all the information you need, about the different types of mulches available and what their pros and cons are. This helps you make a more well-informed decision about the type of mulch you should get for your landscape.
We handle residential and commercial projects at very reasonable mulching cost. For any more information about the lawn maintenance services we provide or a quote for any landscaping job you want done, call Lawn & Garden Landscaping at 901-651-1945 and discuss your project details with our experts. You can also use this Contact Us form to send us your queries. We work 24/7 all 365 days of the year.